Welcome to the Home of the Electric Shaver Guy!
I’m a dude, and I know just how much of a pain it can be to get up every morning and shave.
If you’re like me, you might have been doing it since you were a young teen to avoid that embarrassing peach fuzz moustache. Yikes.
I started out using a regular wet shave, but after repeated nicks and scratches, I knew I had to change something. I did a little research online and purchased the best electric shaver that I found. I have to say, it was one of the best decisions of my life.
I decided to start this website to give other men all of the insight I’ve gained over years of testing and trying different electric shavers. I’ll list what I thought were the top electric shavers, and which I thought weren’t so good. I hope that it’s a big help to you!
Benefits of a Great Electric Shaver vs. Traditional Razor
There are a lot of great benefits of using a good electric shaver or razor over a standard wet razor. Let me go over some of them so you can get a better idea
- Much less likely to cause razor burn — Razor burn is one of the most irritating things about shaving. When compared to using a regular razor, a good electric shaver is much less likely to cause razor burn.
- Can’t cut/nick yourself — One of the biggest issues I had when shaving with a regular razor was that I always nicked myself, causing embarrassing cuts and bleeding. This isn’t even possible with a good electric shaver.
- Avoids ingrown hairs or “razor bumps” — Some people that find that they get ingrown hairs when shaving the standard way no longer get them when they use an electric shaver.
- Doesn’t require shaving or water — This makes it much more convenient to use. There’s no messing around with shaving cream or water, making them portable and easy to use if you need a quick touch up.
- Much less expensive to use in the long run — If you use regular razors, you have to replace the blades pretty often. I’m sure you know just how expensive new razor blades are; it’s seriously a racket! While you do have to eventually replace the blades in an electric shaver, it is not nearly as often as you have to replace a regular razor.
- Quicker than a regular razor — Once you’re used to using an electric shaver, you can shave your face much quicker. Not only that, but you can also do it while you watch TV or something else that doesn’t require a lot of attention.
- Very easy to use — Electric shavers are extremely easy to use, especially when compared to shaving the traditional way. Once you’ve used it a few times, you’ll be able to do it with ease.
As you can see, there are a huge number of benefits to using a good electric shaver over a traditional razor. However, that’s not to say that razors don’t have a few benefits over even the best electric shaver. Let’s take a look at some of them.
Cons of Electric Shavers vs. Traditional Razors
- Might not give as close a shave — Unless you get the one of the best electric razors, you might not get as close a shave as you’re used to with a regular razor. That’s not to say that some electric razors are just as good, though.
- Requires batteries — While most electric shavers these days come with built-in rechargeable batteries, it still means that they have to be recharged. While this isn’t a huge problem, it might be annoying for some people that travel.
There aren’t a lot of cons to using an electric shaver, and even those are mostly mitigated by purchasing one of the top shavers. Even with these few cons, myself and many other men prefer electric shavers over standard razors.
What To Look For in the Best Electric Shaver
There are a few things to look for when shopping for the electric shaver that will be best for you. Here is what you need to consider, and doing so will make it much easier to decide on which model is right for you.
- Get a quality shaver — I wouldn’t recommend skimping out on your shaver. Get one from one of the big-name manufacturers like Braun, Philips or Panasonic. The top electric shaver manufacturers are, in general, much more reliable and will offer a better shaving experience than a cheapo model.
- Easy return policy — It usually takes about a month for a man to get used to using a particular electric shaver. If you get through the initial month of testing and find that it’s not exactly the best electric shaver for your personal needs, it’s nice to be able to return it for a different model with no hassles.
- Long battery life / quick charge — You’ll want a shaver that boasts either a long battery life; it would be extremely annoying if the battery ran out mid-shave! Some good electric shavers have batteries that will last up to 8 hours of shaving. A quick-charge feature is also convenient, too.
- Quiet operation — A loud shaver can be annoying, especially if you live with your partner. No one wants to be awoken to the sound of their man’s electric shaver, that’s for sure. While you’ll not find a completely silent electric shaver, some models are rather quiet and will offer minimum annoyance.
- Comfort — The top electric shaver for you will need to be comfortable! What good is a shaver that feels uncomfortable in your hand or vibrates heavily?
These are the aspects I look at when I review the shavers. When I recommend a model as one of the best electric shavers, you can guarantee that it will have most, if not all, of these features. I wouldn’t expect anything less out of a great electric shaver for my personal use.
So, Electric Shaver Guy: What’s the Best Electric Shaver?
This is a tough question, to be honest. There are a lot of great shavers out there. In general, I’ve tried many different ones, but one stood out as being my favorite by far. So, here’s my suggestion:
My #1 Choice: Panasonic ES8243A
Panasonic has a ton of great shavers on the market, but the Panasonic ES8243A is my absolute favorite.
It’s a wet/dry foil shaver, meaning you can use it in the shower if you prefer. It gives an excellent shave, and it’s extremely easy to use. What I like most about it is that it’s a very fast shaver. I don’t have a lot of time in the mornings, but this thing is super fast and saves me that precious time.
It gives a very close shave, and even works well if I don’t shave over the weekend. Some shavers are a pain to use if you let your facial hair grow too long, but it’s not a problem with this model.
The replacement blades are pretty inexpensive, too, which is always a good thing. Honestly, I have no complaints about it at all. It’s simply one of the greatest electric shavers I’ve ever had the pleasure of using!